Agile Project Management Platform
"What Is Scrumix ? Scrumix is an agile project management sofware which aims to make project management easy and affordable without compromising features nor usability"
Project management software is used to improve efficiency and to improve productive of the project team. It helps helps to track changes in the project, plan work to be done and allows tracking of time spent on project tasks. With Cloud based software work can be done from anywhere which makes possible globally located team members to collaborate with each other making it easy to delegate tasks to project members.
Common set of features include:
- Ability to track changes in the project whether it's a completed task or a change in timetable
- Make easy to to track project components
- Make project members know what has been completed
- Handle access control with roles to allow members to access specific information
- Project members should be able to schedule and prioritize work
- Makes possible team to collaborate
- Real time reports which can be visualized
Task Management is one of the most important part of project management software and includes features like below.
- Manage task from creation to completion
- Move tasks through workflow
- Monitor progress of each task
- Visualize work
- Single unit of work can be split further into subtasks
- Makes easy to assign tasks to project members
- Allows tracking of time spent on project tasks
- Let project members to know which tasks are completed and what still needs to be done
Agile Project Management
Originally started as a way to manage software development but is now used to manage almost any kind of projects and can be used for anything.In Agile projects, the project is divided into small chunks called sprints that consist of tasks for 1 to 3 weeks. Shorter sprints makes it easier to prioritize project releases as Releases are done regularly. In Agile projects Developers and product owners are in contact daily while the stakeholders are to determine the key features.
Project backlog includes all the features of the project. Creating a backlog begins with design in which the development team plans the goals and properties. Backlog must be easy to track where tasks and user stories are ordered by priority. Product backlog should never be locked and the project team is encouraged to add tasks and user stories as the project develops. In most cases, the project management or product owner is responsible for prioritization.
Scrum starts with a planning meeting where product development is divided into 1 - 3 week periods called sprints. Sprint is a time when work has to be ready for review. During meeting all product features are groupped together into tasks called user stories and are ranked based on priority. After ranking stories are estimated how long each task will take. Complexity of user stories is determined by story points which is a number between 1 - 3. During sprints there is daily meetings where team discusses progress and challenges. It's also important not add tasks to running sprint. After sprint is completed there is a review meeting where completed story points are calculated and sprint is reviewed.
Kanban concentrates on finishing tasks on small incremental changes repecting current roles and process. It main focus in on continuous improvement where limiting work currently in progress is the cornerstone. Kanban strongly focuses on workflow visualization where tasks are represented as cards which flow through the workflow until completed. Kanban also encourages everyone to be a leader and make continuous improvements to the project.